Mission 2 - Culture Process:

Image result for youtube




Youtubing
Process:

For my second mission I decided to do the topic of 'Youtubing’ as I love watching YouTube myself as a hobby. When deciding which task to do I knew straight away that this one was for me.

After this I decided to join the Slack  channel #YOUTUBING so I could source information and ask questions for when myself or my group got stuck on a topic.
My goals for this mission is to create YouTube channel and document how we as a group went about this process of creating a channel and posting videos.

What drawn me to this topic is that I watch YouTube everyday for more than 4 hours a day and I wanted to see how these youtubers that I watch started up there channels. So after choosing this topic I joined a group with two other people from my class.  I joined a group with Justin and Cian.  We all decided very quickly that we wanted to create a YouTube Channel called 'Community Compilations'. We decided to make this type of channel as we wanted to be inclusive to all community’s online. We decided to go with the theme of compilations as its funny to watch and 'apparently easy to make and edit videos', oh how I was wrong.

We met up two different times , the first time we met up we created our channel so that hopefully we could grow a few subscribers in the space of 3 weeks, we wanted to do this to track our subscriber count. We then chose our name and discussed what content that we wanted. To create on our channel. Both of my partners in the group had edited many videos before I personally had not but wanted to try it to give myself a challenge and possibly a new skill.

The second time we met up we all decided to make the PowerPoint explaining all things ‘YouTube’ like the history, facts, and how we created our individual videos.  We decided we wanted to make the channel together and then have separate compilation videos which would show off our own twist on compilations.
  • Justin done a video on compilation fails
  • Cian done a fast workers compilation video
  • And I did satisfying compilations video.


I used a software called ‘video pad editor’ which I found at first very easy to use and then getting further into the editing my final video wouldn’t save on my computer which was so heart breaking as I spent over 4 and a half hours editing it.
Luckily Justins video and Cians videos worked and we were able to submit it.

However, I really liked the way our presentation turned out we portrayed how to use YouTube and how to create a channel which was our main goal. It made me realise there are easy and hard parts to YouTube like the easy part is creating an account and coming up with ideas, but the hard part is like editing a video as it can be very time consuming and frustrating when it wont work.

Comments