Mission 1- Creativity Process:


The Art Of The Animated GIF's.   

Process:

For my first mission for my ‘Digital Media’ we were asked to view the missions that were on introdm.cdmonline.ie and read all of the pieces and chose one that we found interesting to us. After carefully reading through all of the pieces, I decided to go with ‘The Art Of The Animated GIF’ as it seemed the most appealing to me.

What first drawn me to this topic is that how I use GIF'S every day and never knew where they came from or how they were made. So by picking this piece it gave us all a chance to learn something new, that would push us out of our comfort zones, considering none of us had ever made GIF’s before. In my opinion the topic the ‘Art Of Animation’ was about a new digital image and how it started 30 years ago and how it has transformed over time that’s why I chose this piece.  After this we were find people from our class who also liked the piece on the Animated GIF’S, I wanted to join a group who had the same outlook on the topic as I did so I joined a group with Sean and Andrew. We started off by brainstorming how we wanted to portray our presentation and how we were going to create our GIF’s. Our goal was to have a factual slideshow with many images and of course GIF's.

We then chose a section each to do for the slideshow. I looked at GIF Files. My part for the mission was about learning about the technical specifications of a GIF File and GIF’s in general. At first I was concerned as I found this topic to be confusing but with research from the tools section I found it helpful. I used an article from a website (This is the website here) https://www.howtogeek.com/441185/what-is-a-gif-and-how-do-you-use-them/

·      For Sean’s part of the mission he chose to do ‘The History Of GIF’s’ which he discussed the history of GIF’s and how they were invented which turned out to be very interesting
·      Andrews part of the mission was ‘cultural practices around GIF’s’. This was basically explaining about how GIF’s can be used to communicate to people through social media.

For our last part of our mission we were to make our own GIF using our own knowledge, research for this mission and tools that we had to create our own GIF’s. When making the GIF’s we used the app ‘GIPHY’. I personally found this app really easy to use considering it was our first time make GIF’s.
Steps To Create A GIF:
1.    Download App ‘Giphy’.
2.    Upload a video that you have in your camera roll.
3.    After you do this, you can customize and trim the video to any way you like and save it.
4.    Upload your own original GIF to any social media platform.
5.    TA-DA you’ve created a GIF.

For my GIF I created a sunny day at college:

For Sean’s GIF, he did a day in college using the app Momento:

Andrews Gif he made:


Comments