Mission 2 - Culture Reflection

                            

Reflection:


From this mission I feel I have learned a lot not only about YouTube the company but also the creative side like editing video and creating concepts.
One thing I learned from this mission is that YouTubers can make a lot of money depending on their views and only if they have reached an a certain amount of subscribers which is 1000.
When working on this mission I discovered that editing is extremely hard. I thought It would be quite simple but I was completely wrong I hope in the future I can get better at it and make it either a hobby or new skill to have as I think it would come in handy for the future as I would hope to work in something with producing. What I also discovered that I can be quite creative if I put my mid to something which I really didn’t know. I decided that we should make a colourful timeline which represented all the most popular videos on YouTube over the last decade which included both images and factual information about how many views each video got and what the video was about.

My success and Failures of this mission:
My Successes: For this mission I had many success like
Teamwork: I believe joining a group that had the same ideas and interests as me helped me when wanting to communicate and produce our project we all had similar thoughts and ideas and it made us understand each other’s opinions more.
PowerPoint: When we made our slideshow it was quite easy to us as we all had used PowerPoint before, so we all made our own separate parts and put them together in the end which I think turned out great.



My Failures:
For this mission I found I had one major failure which was editing, as I’ve mentioned before I had never edited a video prior to this project which led me to a disadvantage as my other partners Justin and Cian had both done editing a lot. They had showed me the basics prior to my own editing at home, and it seemed quite straight forward but I was very very wrong. When I went home to recreate what I was thought in college everything worked I created a compilations video which I was extremely proud of but of course something had to go wrong which was exporting the video I tried many different times but it just ended up turning off my computer and when I got it back on the video had deleted itself which made me extremely frustrated as I had spent over 4 hours editing.
I decided to try again but the same thing happened so I had to just give up. Luckily the boys videos both turned out great which was a major relief but I felt I let the team down a bit. But I hope in the future I can get better at this.

I’m most proud of us as a team as every aspect of the project apart from editing, we worked together and that’s what I’m happy with how our project turned out.

Comments