Mission 3 - Methodology Reflection

Reflection:

Describe what you learned, how you learned it:
In this mission I learned a lot like how much of differences there is in the history of journalism and how things can be easier and harder for journalists nowadays as nowadays there is so many news outlets it must be hard to stand out. But in some aspects its easier as research would be more reachable as suppose to years ago when there was no internet and social media to learn research from.
I think if I had to be a journalist from years ago before social media I would find it extremely hard, because even when we did all of our research some information we couldn’t find.
What you discovered about your mission and yourself while working these past few weeks
I discovered that filming can be quite stressful as not everything is in your control like audio and lighting but we worked with what had.
I discovered that I myself can be quite shy in the beginning of starting something new as it can be quiet daunting when sharing your own personal idea or outlook on something when in a group.
I also learned researching takes a good while as you need to read everything clearly and thoroughly and be able to know what material is good and bad and what material should or shouldn’t be used as somethings just don’t work. This took me a while to figure out as I had never realized that before.

Success and failure of the project:
Success:
1.    I was able to be comfortable in front of the camera and act which for me can be extremely scary.
2.    Working in a team and having great communications as we set up a WhatsApp group to discuss ideas and concerns. We communicated great as well always set up days to meet and everyone played there part well.



Failures:

1.    I am disappointed in the final outcome of the project as were unable to complete or view our video as it caused Keith’s computer to shut down.
This meant we were unable to submit anything for the mission which was heart-breaking as we had all spent countless hours on filming, researching , collaborating and brainstorming over the last few weeks.

I think if we had tracked our time better we would have been able to have the video ready and it would have been great. But unfortunately that was not the case, I think for the future the three of us realised we would be more efficient in time keeping for further projects and missions.
What I’m most proud of :
I’m most proud of myself for being able to speak out loud and in front of the camera as I get quiet shy really easily and it’s something I’m working on but these last three missions, especially this one has made me very proud of myself for breaking out of my comfort zone and doing something I normally would never of dreamt of doing.



Comments